- Ian: I write... stories. That's all. Stories. This isn't a story anyone wants to hear.
- Soldier: Why not?
- Hippolytus: (...) I'm satisfied to be alone.
- Priest: Self-satisfaction is a contradiction in terms.
- Hippolytus: I can rely on me. I never let me down.
- Priest: True satisfaction comes from love.
- Hippolytus: What when love dies? Alarm clock rings it's time to wake up, what then?
- Priest: Love never dies. It evolves.
- Hippolytus: You're dangerous.
"Vanity, not sanity, will keep me intact."
- Priest: So where do you find your joy?
- Hippolytus: Within.
- Priest: I find that hard to believe.
- Hippolytus: Course you do. You think life has no meaning unless we have another person in it to torture us.
- Priest: I have no one to torture me.
- Carl: I don't expect anything.
- Rod: Yes you do.